Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Where did all of the crazy people go?

So this morning while Grasshopper was at preschool I had a huge list of errands to run. And while I can't say that I was looking forward to running them, I did expect to get some decent blog fodder out of it.

Afterall, I was not only going to the hardware store and our local Farmer's Market that is utterly unlike any other place called a Farmer's Market anywhere in the nation (no, I haven't done exhaustive research on this, but just TRUST me the place is nuts) but I was also going to the Post Office and the Tag Office to switch the license plate from my old car to my new one. Surely there would be humorous tidbits everywhere I looked!

Nope.

I mean, there was the one guy at the Tag Office (where I really had most of my hopes pinned) who was huge, and wearing head to toe camouflage (the black, white and grey variety) while talking on a powder pink Razr which was sort of amusing, but that was it! No meltdowns, no shenanigans, I was in and out in less than 10 minutes! Strangely disappointing.

The Post Office was pretty much the same story. People were cheerful. A girl held the door for me, and a man made charming small talk with the employees about their children and whether they wanted to switch to a 5 day delivery week. It was disturbingly normal.

I headed on to the Farmer's Market and had my most laid-back, not-crazy-making trip there ever, and I go at least once a month! Normally there are tons of people, and typically most of them do not know how to shop without completely blocking an aisle with their cart. The employees are usually loathe to smile, and when I ask someone where something is they always respond to me in a version of English that I don't comprehend. Today, as with the Post Office, people were smiling and there were free samples everywhere I looked. Score! And even though I broke my own rule and did not arrive exactly at 9:00am when they open, it was a breeze. I didn't even have to wait in check out.

I'm not going to bother covering the hardware store portion of my errand running, because it was even less climactic than the rest of this post.

So I guess my point (you were wondering if I had one, weren't you?) is that I had the sort of easy, breezy morning that would have made my week prior to becoming a blogger. Now, it was just meh.

Hmm, who am I calling crazy here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I've been feeling much the same lately... I have NOTHING to write about. Glad you had a good day!

Dysd Housewife said...

Okay so YOU are starting to creep me out. MY post today was about how STRANGELY NICE my morning was. GEEET. OUUT.

Manic Mommy said...

It's the Obama factor! People are being nice to one another, government agencies are working efficiently, dogs and cats living together! There's no other reason for it!

But don't worry; crazy is alive and well and living in my house.