This is my 100th post. I need to write that again.
This is my 100th post.
Huh. Still hard to believe, but I won't bore you by continuing to belabor the point. I'll bore you with something else!
Like, 100 things about me. Because lots of other bloggers have done it, and I'm just a big follower. Hey, that should be thing 100!
100. I'm a big follower.
99. I'm an only child.
98. I have been legally blind (without my glasses) for well over a decade.
97. I first got glasses in the 2nd grade.
96. I still hate wearing glasses.
95. I can't wear contacts because my eyes are too dry.
94. This is in spite of the fact that I cry at the drop of a hat. Go figure.
93. I attended a women's college.
92. I have a degree in Political Science.
91. I have never used my degree in political science.
90. I have, however, used my Diamonds and Diamond Grading certification from the GIA.
89. I LOVE sparkly things.
88. Especially if they're set in platinum.
87. Or made by an actual artisan.
86. I have 3 cats.
85. 3 is too many, but thinning the herd seems a trifle harsh.
84. The pure-blood Persian (a rescue, as they all are) is the most tolerant of small children.
83. She is not, however, tolerant of humor or poor quality nibbles.
82. Her name is Pasha but we call her Pushy. Because she is.
81. Grasshopper calls her "Pussy" and I think it's hil-ar-ious.
80. Because I love Are you Being Served.
79. I studied Ancient Greek Philosophy and Art History in Greece as a college sophomore. Yeah, that's come in handy.
78. I have a tattoo.
77. You'll never in a million years guess what it is.
76. It hurt, but the rush when it was over was incredible. I can see how people get addicted.
75. My middle name is Sarene.
74. My parents were hippies.
73. Autumn is hands-down my favorite season.
72. If I have to choose between mountains or beach, I'll choose mountains.
71. I'd rather not have to choose.
70. I am arachnophobic.
69. I consider it justified since I got bit by a brown recluse at summer camp.
68. I also broke my wrist at summer camp.
67. And two fingers.
66. I can't believe I want to send my kid to summer camp.
65. Three weeks sans kiddo? Oh yeah, now I remember why summer camp is still a great idea.
64. I plan to send him to the same summer camp I went to.
63. I was fascinated with all things Native American long before I had a Native American child.
62. This is harder than I thought it would be.
61. I fantasize about attending culinary school to become a pastry chef.
60. I don't actually want to work as a pastry chef. Baking is like therapy for me and doing it for a living would spoil that.
59. I am almost 12 years younger than my husband.
58. My second marriage, his first.
57. My favorite musical artist who I dream of seeing live (but given his age and infrequent live performances this may remain solidly in the dream category) is JJ Cale.
56. I used to love going to the movies but now I hate it. It's too expensive and people are jerks.
55. I can never have too many shoes or handbags. I used to buy stilettos. Now, if you can't run around the park in 'em, I don't bother.
54. I can't stand ignorant people.
53. I am a backseat driver.
52. I can get blisters on my feet just riding in the car.
51. This is despite 14 years of ballet which ought to have toughened them up a bit more!
50. I cannot believe you're still reading this.
49. I love plastic cheese. You know, the stuff that gets drizzled on "nachos" at the ballpark? Love the stuff.
48. I *love* names. The meanings behind them, the familial connections, the silly definitions in baby name books, all of it.
47. If I could, I would have a ton of kids just so I could name them.
46. My favorite drink is Woodford Reserve Bourbon with just a little splash of ginger ale. Heaven.
45. When I was 16 I spent 3 weeks backpacking in Mexico.
44. I've tried really hard to learn Spanish at various times and never been successful.
43. I adore college football.
42. I used to be afraid of needles, like chase me around the room and hold me down at the doctor's office afraid. I'm not any more.
41. I was diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in college after being involved in several severe car accidents in a 6 month span.
40. I wasn't the driver for most of these accidents.
39. I have VERY difficult time coping with change that I haven't planned for. I am not a go with the flow kind of gal.
38. I am allergic to dogs.
37. I am more of a disciplinarian than I thought I would be, pre-motherhood.
36. I swore that I would bake all of my child's birthday cakes and I have yet to bake a single one.
35. I can bake a cake that tastes great, but I can't get it to look like what I see in my head.
34. I love the concept of gardening, and I'm gung-ho every spring, but when it's time to actually sweat and get eaten by bugs, I retreat indoors.
33. I have never learned to drive a stick-shift vehicle.
32. I HATE potty training.
31. I have a thing for older men. There isn't a single man under age 40 on my Personal Top 5 list.
30. I love Disney movies. The animated ones, not that High School Musical crap.
29. My favorite one used to be Peter Pan, until I had a Native American child. The depiction of them in that movie is AWFUL.
28. My husband proposed to me while I was having a temper tantrum. He had to tell me, "Sit down, I am trying to propose to you!"
27. I figure this means that he knew what he was getting himself into.
26. I never thought that I would have a son. Always figured I'd be a girl mom.
25. I've said it other places, but it bears repeating: I want to be Ina Garten when I grow up.
24. I hate Los Angeles. I have been in several foreign countries where I felt more comfortable.
23. I am a fourth generation Florida native.
22. I am getting really sick of talking about me.
21. I'm sure that you're getting really sick of reading about me!
20. I would hate being famous.
19. 3 of my 4 grandparents are still living.
18. Tulips are my favorite flower.
17. I believe that respect must be earned. I do not believe that ANYONE gets pass on this.
16. I despise Caillou.
15. I love super spicy food. Thai, Mexican, Indian, doesn't matter as long as it's full of flavor and HOT!
14. I don't have nearly as many close girlfriends in my life as I would like.
13. I still think my Daddy is one of the smartest people I know.
12. I am so glad that I married someone who shares my (warped) sense of humor.
11. I am fascinated to see if Grasshopper inherits it. Ah, Nature vs. Nurture.
10. I am extremely hard to please.
9. I don't hold anyone to a higher standard than I hold myself.
8. I wish that rather than being eco-conscious (which I am) that I was more eco-active.
7. I am wearing a smaller pant size than I was in January.
6. I regularly dress my kid better than myself.
5. I would much rather receive a nicely wrapped present than a gift bag.
4. I do use gift bags, but only if the gift is impossible to wrap otherwise.
3. I despise laundry. It's never, ever done. Unless you have naked day and do it all then.
2. I like my sedan but miss driving an SUV.
1. I appreciate each and every reader I have, and especially all of you who take the time to comment. Thanks for reading!!!