Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The numbers game, take 2

So Grasshopper is feeling tons better, and therefore Mommy & Daddy are feeling tons better. Control of the household? This kid has it!

For those who have been following our most recent saga, you are aware that JR & I felt that we had won the numbers game when the numbers pertinent to Grasshopper's health showed that we could take him home from the hospital and he wasn't going to, well DIE (because hello! that's what I was afraid was going to happen) I am mother, hear me worry!

But last night we discovered that Grasshopper has his own numbers game to play, and let me tell you, he is the WINNER!

See after a lovely home-cooked meal of roast pork loin with fresh rosemary, garlic & olive oil plus delicious roast pears, potatoes and onions with a side of acorn squash stuffed with maple syrup-glazed apples (aren't you totally picturing me as Donna Reed complete with pearls & pumps now?). Grasshopper and I retired to the den for a Blue's Clues fix & JR commenced cleaning up the kitchen. Cleaning up is central to our lives in more ways than ever before with the house on the market and all.

So Grasshopper and I are watching as Blue and Joe count things, specifically jelly beans, and I see that they are going to count all the way up to 8 so I attempt to engage Grasshopper because he hasn't been counting past 3 with any consistency. If you show him 5 things, for example his toes, he will tell you that there are "One, two, three, one, two!" So 8 is going to be a stretch, but I'm determined to emphasize that numbers really, truly do go past 3 and it's not some cruel joke being perpetrated by his parents. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight!" I exclaim brightly with Joe and Blue.

"Nine, ten!" says Grasshopper.

You win child, you win.

No comments: